Web Front-End Engineer
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in taking primary ownership of the website at VRChat.com. You’ll be supported by a team of full-stack engineers that has built the existing React/Redux site, but we need you to take it to the next level.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will implement technical strategies to drive user growth and improve usability. You will also be designing and implementing UI and UX to add new features to the website. If you’re interested in keeping the machinery behind the curtains hooked up to the user front-end in an attractive, usable way, then this role could be right up your alley.
- Work with an agile team of full-stack engineers to improve existing front-end interfaces, as well as architect and develop new interfaces for new features
- Design, implement, and maintain a front-end interface that already has existing infrastructure
- Be available to occasionally jump into action to solve an outage, even at inconvenient times
- Uphold a passionate commitment to their position on whether a hot dog is a taco
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Three or more years of relevant experience with web front-ends and be constantly seeking new knowledge
- Have a demonstrable understanding of best practices for single-page web apps, especially with React and Redux
- Have experience delivering cross-platform and responsive websites
- Know the basics of SEO, web analytics, and how to optimize conversion of visitors to registered users
- Familiarity with Electron
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback