We’re looking for someone who’s interested in finding and reproducing bugs with the VRChat platform. You’ll be testing a variety of systems, including our Unity SDK, user interactions, user generated content and more. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact to our massive global community of users.
As a QA Tester, you’ll be testing new features and builds to ensure the application’s behavior remains expected, documented, and predictable. The ideal candidate has a passion for finding and reproducing bugs, is a good communicator and is excited about what we’re building at VRChat. If you’re interested in hunting down issues and reporting them effectively, then this role could be right up your alley.
- Work with the QA team to find, reproduce and document bugs
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Collaborate with various teams to test new features
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Ensure overall stability of the VRChat platform
- Collaborate with the VRChat Community to collect, reproduce and document bug reports
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct pre/post-release and pre/post-implementation testing
- Engaging with our Community during community-based tests
- Championing product quality in creative and innovative ways
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Meticulous approach to testing
- Excellent communication skills and team-centered approach
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous experience in a QA position
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience working in the Unity Game Engine
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback
- Already have reproduced and reported bugs at feedback.vrchat.com